The following words and expressions shall have the following meanings:“GEO”means Green Energy Options Limited, a company registered in England with registered no. 5783558 and whose registered office is 3 St. Mary´s Court, Main Street, Hardwick, Cambridge, CB23 7QS, United Kingdom;“Contract” means any contract for the provision of the Services which may be entered into between you and GEO, which incorporates the Terms;
“Personal Data” means all data that identifies you and that is processed by us, for example, your name, address, email address and any data that could be used to identify you;
“Sensitive Personal Data” means all data that you choose to provide to us, if any, regarding such matters as your racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinion, trade union membership, or health and sexual life;
“Services” means the provision and management of equipment and software for the measurement of energy usage and collection and processing of data relating thereto, together with web enabled processing and analysis display as are more particularly described in the Terms;
“Terms” means the terms and conditions that govern the supply of Services by GEO, as set out at www.greenenergyoptions.co.uk;
“Territory” means the United Kingdom mainland;
“Website” means the website operated by GEO located at the url www.greenenergyoptions.co.uk.
- Use of Personal Data
- Your Personal Data is held by GEO and kept confidential on our secure database.
- It is necessary for GEO to process certain types of data, which may contain your Personal Data, in order to provide you with the Services, including:
- for administration and to respond to complaints;
- for billing purposes; and
- monitoring or recording your communications for quality control and training purposes.
- GEO may pass your Personal Data to third parties who will provide certain elements of the Services to you on GEO’s behalf, however all such third parties will be bound to provide the same level of protection for your Personal Data as we provide.
- Other than as set out in paragraph 2.c, GEO will never pass your Personal Data to a third party except where otherwise provided for by your specific Agreement or this is strictly necessary to carry out your instructions and by submitting a request for us to provide the Services to you, you give your express consent for GEO to pass your Personal Data to such third parties.
- Processing required by Law
- We may provide Personal Data to a third party where we are required to do so by law.
- Further Information and Withdrawal of Consent
- If you have any questions about how we use Your Personal Data, please contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IP address and cookies
- When you visit the Website, we may log your IP address.
- If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer or stop cookies being stored on your computer in the future, please refer to your browser’s privacy management settings. Further information about deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org.
- Data Storage and Security
- We take appropriate measures to ensure that Your Personal Data is kept secure and are kept for only so long as is necessary for the purpose for which they are used. We have implemented security measures to ensure the confidentiality of your Personal Data and to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. The database on which your Personal Data will be held is protected, such that only authorised personnel of GEO have access to your Personal Data. Our authorised personnel are also required to treat the Personal Data as confidential. The security measures in place will, from time to time, be reviewed in line with legal and technical developments.
- If there is any change in the Personal Data that you have provided to us through the Website you must use the Website to update such Personal Data. In such event your Personal Data will be updated as soon as you submit the new Personal Data to us. If you provide updated Personal Data to us by any other method, we will amend our records within 30 days of receipt of such updated Personal Data.
- We will store the Personal Data that you provide to us through the Website or otherwise for so long as you are a registered member. After you cease to be a registered member we will keep your Personal Data on our records for a period of 2 years to enable us to respond to any queries or complaints that you may have. After this time we will delete all of your Personal Data from our records, apart from any data that we are required to keep for legal reasons – for example we need to keep some financial data, which may include your Personal Data, for 7 years in order to comply with English tax rules.
- We will store records containing your IP address for 2 years from the date on which the data was collected, after which such data will be deleted or anonymised.
- Third Party Personal Data
- If you have provided us with data about another person, you confirm that they consent to the processing of their Personal Data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above) for which their Personal Data will be processed.
- Your Rights
- You are entitled to ask for a copy of any Personal Data that we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your Personal Data corrected.