GEO specialises in the design and manufacture of easy to use In-Home displays that interface with smart meters. For the UK market we have a range of In-Home displays ready for deployment in the Foundation Phase of the Smart Metering Implementation Programme (SMIP).
GEO is happy to work with you to integrate any of our In-Home displays with your smart meters or to develop Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) products specifically for your meters. We have the flexibility and technical ability to integrate our displays with your products whatever communications you use, including powerline solutions.
Smart Metering and Smart Grids are a hot topic of conversation right now and consumer engagement in these programmes is proving to be a key concern in many smart meter roll outs. Increasingly consumer displays are being considered as an integral part of a smart meter that delivers the consumer-side benefits.
And customers do want displays; for example, our research shows that 67% of German respondents are interested in monitoring their energy usage using an in-home display unit. Consequently we are developing a range of five smart metering displays:
- The Solo II is the simplest display and supports just one meter
- The Duet II supports two meters
- The Trio II supports two meters and extends this to incorporate basic smart home functionality
- The Chorus is a full function colour touch screen display that can support multiple meters, heating control as well as a wide range of other smart home functions.
- The “hub” is designed to work with other “soft” displays in the home, can support the full functionality of the Chorus and be connected to the internet.
Each country has different market drivers, so we would suggest you use our trial displays to establish your and your customers’ actual requirements. We will then work with you to design, develop and manufacture a solution specific to your market.
This is an exciting new market that is developing globally and will lead to increasing sales of associated sensors, controls and energy applications.
To talk to Rachel Bennett our VP of Smart Metering